The practice is a partnership, which means that the responsibility for the care of all patients is undertaken jointly by the Doctors.
The practice team also includes a Practice Manager, Nurse Practitioner, Practice Nurses, District Nurses, Midwives, Health Visitors, a Macmillan Nurse, a Dietician and Counsellors together with our reception, secretaries and support staff. We aim to provide a comprehensive range of medical and health promotion services to our patients.
A team approach to health care helps us in the delivery of a wide range of care to all our patients, young and old.
History of Sheepcot Medical Centre
The original practice was located in Purbrook Avenue and developed by Dr Hugh Williams.
During a period around 1930 the practice re-located to the lower end of Sheepcot Lane and then subsequently moved to its current location in Sheepcot Lane around 1940.
The practice expanded and Dr Williams ( Snr ) was joined by his son Dr Hugh Williams, Dr Guest, Dr Gallivan and Dr Luck who became partners.
During its history, Sheepcot Medical Centre has had branch surgeries in Louvain Way and Cobb Green on the Woodside Estate.
Following the extensive re-development of the main surgery building in Sheepcot Lane the branch surgery in Cobb Green was closed in 1999.
In April 2016 the practice moved to a new purpose built surgery in Leavesden. It is part of the Bellway re-development of land upon which Rolls Royce was originally located. This provides us the opportunity to provide a higher level of service, in a large modern building.
The current partnership comprises of 4 full time partners Drs Jackson, Lee, Saad and Lwin